Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Road Less Travelled

image

There's an almost paint-like quality to this photo taken by Pat Sedgwick. I'm not exactly sure why it holds such great  appeal to me today. It speaks to me of quiet Autumn walks with the damp earth filling my senses, topped with a sprinkling of crunchy oak leaves, accompanied by a frosty chill. For some reason, I had the misconception that Robert Frost was a Canadian poet (blame it on learning the history of Leslie Frost at the same time as studying Robert Frost's poetry in school) Much of Robert Frost's descriptive poetry of the New England States, does echo our Ontario climate. I wonder if somewhere along the Frost Family tree "Old Man Ontario" and "America's Poet" are related?

Robert Frost poem quote

  I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the road less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments: